Aim of the avantssar-users mailing list is to collect technical questions, bugs, proposals, and user requests about the AVANTSSAR Tool and the techniques implemented within.
Also, new releases and other important events for AVANTSSAR will be announced on this list.
Mailing list manager
Policy of the list
In order to be able to post to the mailing list, you MUST SUBSCRIBE FIRST. To get off the mailing list, you must unsubscribe. If you post to the list without subscribing first, the posting will be ignored (in fact, you won’t even get a reply, in order to prevent abuse by spammers). YOU MUST SUBSCRIBE BEFORE POSTING.
Before posting to the mailing list, please read the relevant product manual and search the mailing list archives for similar questions and answers posted by others.
In case you are worried about spam, no spam messages from the avantssar-users list will reach you, since only members of the list can send e-mails through it. The rest of the messages coming from ‘outside’ the list are held and in case discarded.
The list is moderated, and it is continuously monitored. The list is not to be used by subscribers to solicit commercial services or promote products or send spam. Doing so will result in immediate and permanent removal of the offender’s subscription. Abusive or offensive postings will also result in immediate and permanent removal of the offender’s subscription.
Subscribing and unsubscribing
There are two common ways you can subscribe to the avantssar-users mailing list.
Using the web interface:
- Go to the list information page for avantssar-users :the address is http://mail231.csoft.net/mailman/listinfo/avantssar-users
- Look for the section marked “Subscribing to avantssar-users” and fill in the boxes. You can fill in the following:
- You must enter your email address.
- You may choose to supply your real name.
- You may choose a password. If you do not choose one, Mailman will generate one for you.Warning: Do NOT use a valuable password, since this password may occasionally be mailed to you in plain text.
- The list supports more than one language, and you can choose your preferred language. Note: This setting does not affect posts to the list, only Mailman texts that come from the list software, such as your member options page.
- Press the subscribe button. A new page should appear telling you that your subscription request has been received. This page will provide you with further instructions, such as the need to wait for and reply to a confirmation messages, depending on the list’s subscription policies.
Using the email interface:
- Open a mail program which sends mail from the address you want to subscribe.
- Send a mail to the list subscription address, which is in the form avantssar-users-join at avantssar dot eu. The subject and body of the message will be ignored, so it doesn’t matter what you put there.
After following one of these sets of instructions (you don’t need to do both!), you will receive an email message asking for confirmation that you really want to be subscribed to the list. This is to prevent anyone from subscribing you to lists without your permission. Follow the instructions given in the message to confirm your wish to be subscribed.
Once this is done, you will likely receive another message welcoming you to the list. This message contains some useful information including your list password and some quick links for changing your options, so you may want to save it for later reference.
If you actually want to leave the list, there are two common ways you can unsubscribe from a Mailman mailing list.
Using the web interface:
- Go to the list information page for the list you want to leave. (The address is http://mail231.csoft.net/mailman/listinfo/avantssar-users)
- Look for the section marked “avantssar-users subscribers” (usually found near the bottom of the page).
- There should be a button marked “Unsubscribe or Edit Options.” Enter your email address in the box beside this button and press the button.
- You should be brought to a new page which has an “Unsubscribe” button. Press it to unsubscribe and follow the instructions given.
Using the email interface:
- Open a mail program which sends mail from the address you want to unsubscribe.
- Send a mail to the list unsubscribe address, which will be of the form avantssar-users-leave at avantssar dot eu. The subject and body of this message will be ignored, so it doesn’t matter what you put there.
After following one of these sets of instructions (you don’t need to do both!), you will be sent a confirmation mail and must follow the instructions given in that mail to complete the unsubscription. This is to stop people from unsubscribing you without your permission. In addition, a moderator may need to approve your unsubscription. (Administrator-approved unsubscriptions are uncommon.)
If you do not receive this confirmation mail with instructions, make sure that you typed your email address correctly (if you were using the web interface to unsubscribe) and that the address you tried to unsubscribe is, indeed, actually subscribed to that list. For security reasons, Mailman generates the same member options page regardless of whether the address entered is subscribed or not. This means that people cannot use this part of the web interface to find out if someone is subscribed to the list, but it also means that it’s hard to tell if you just made a typo.
Once your unsubscription has been processed, you will probably receive another message confirming your unsubscription from the list, and at that point you should stop receiving messages.
The address of the list is
avantssar-users at avantssar dot eu